Thank you to everyone who voted in my Wedding Color Poll last week! I think I need to do polls more often – it was so much fun watching all the votes roll in!
While trying to catch up on reading a few blogs, and I discovered the very fun “Starting Over” tag on A Thunder Heart‘s blog.
The idea is, if you lost everything in your current makeup collection, what 16 makeup items would you purchase to start a new makeup collection?
I knew I had to do this tag! I really wanted to reflect on some of my truly favorite makeup items along with some highly rated products that I haven’t tried yet, but would absolutely purchase!
I selected only actual makeup items, no tools or skincare items.
So without further ado, here are the 16 makeup items I would purchase if I lost my entire makeup collection:
1. MAC Flash Lashes Extreme Black Mascara – Man, I love this mascara! Length and fullness to the max! If you haven’t tried this mascara, you really really should!
2. Smashbox Full Exposure Eye Shadow Palette – I do not currently own this eye shadow palette. But if I was going to purchase a neutral palette, this would be the one! I love that it has equal amounts of matte and shimmery shades, perfect for any occasion!
3. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Sting Ray – These eye liners are awesome in any color, but I require a nice dark black liner that wouldn’t smudge or budge through out the day.
4. Almay Eye Liner in Black-Brown – My all-time favorite drugstore brand eye liner. It’s a must have. I like this dark brown color for something a little softer than black. And it also does not budge or smudge all day.
5. Essie Nail Polish in Watermelon – Good gracious, it was so hard to choose nail polish colors! I love so many! But Watermelon is a really gorgeous shade of pink that can be worn year-round and of course, Essie is a fantastic brand.
6. OPI Nail Polish in Don’t Touch My Tutu – I would definitely need a neutral nail polish. And I’m not always into shades of beige, and shades of grey can get a little too dark, so a beautiful shade of soft white is just the trick! It’s elegant and perfect year-round.
7. Bobbi Brown Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer in Extra Light Tint – I don’t feel like my skin needs full on foundation on the daily. But when my skin needs to be even’d out, this tinted moisturizer is fantastic! It has the perfect amount of coverage, it’s lightweight, and doesn’t makes my skin feel extra oily!
8. Clinique Air Brush Concealer in Neutral Fair – I don’t not currently own this concealer, butI have been coveting it for quite some time now. Application looks super easy and the results look fantastic! Coverage and brightening for the win!
9. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Sandstorm – I love this super affordable matte powder. Keeps shine away and adds some extra coverage too.
10. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Fearless – A fantastic coral-y pink powder blush. I love the Amazonian Clay blushes. They last all day, and the colors are gorgeous. It took me a long time to determine which color I would purchase and I finally landed on Fearless.
11. Skinn Cosmetics Color Touch Eye, Cheek & Lip Glow in Teen Tone – Yes, I need a cream blush too! And this one is my all-time favorite. The texture is perfect – not super wet, and not sticky, and really lightweight. Teen Tone is the perfect peachy-pink flush that looks so natural!
12. Softlips Lip Balm – I couldn’t live without this product. That is all.
13. Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Color in Sheer Berry – I’m kind of viewing this as a tinted lip balm. My lips feel so fantastic while wearing this product, and it gives a beautiful, perfectly pink flush to my lips. Love it, need it.
14. Too Faced La Crème Lipstick in Teddy Berry – I really love this creamy, moisturizing lipstick. It’s a bit newer to my collection, but I have already learned that I can never be without it! I like Teddy Berry because it’s still rosey, but it’s slightly tawnied, making it a bit more neutral.
15. NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Baroque – I love the deep wine color of this lip product. It’s good stuff. Moisturizing and slightly shiny, but in a super convenient lip crayon. So good!
16. Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Gloss in Disco Rose – I don’t wear much lip gloss any more, but every now and then, I feel like I need one. And this is my current favorite lip gloss. It has great color payoff without being an opaque lacquer and Disco Rose is a fabulous shade of warm pink.
So that’s what my makeup collection would like like if I had to start all over!
If you decide to do this tag, please leave a comment with your link so I can see what your 16 makeup picks would be! :)
Have a great weekend, everyone!